Thursday, May 23, 2013



In class we were asked to write a story about a memory we have with powerful women in our life. I wrote this true memoir about my aunt. It was the first time i said a bad word, something’s never change. This is one of my better memories from my childhood.


Cars

               Growing up my mom worked 2 jobs. So 1st grade through  3rd grade I’d always had to go to my aunt’s house after school. She’d pick me up in the back of the school because it was closer to the freeway.  My aunt had and has the worst road rage and I think it might be genetic.  But the rides home were always fun she would speed and sometimes she’d get in fights. She drove a little sliver car and she lived in the streets of concord. Right across from a park and there was a liquor store down the street. Her house was white with mint green accents. The inside was a light brown color. Her kitchen was huge. And there was a poster of a purple unicorn hanging in a picture frame in the living room. And it always smelt like lavender.
She’d pick me up at 2 and take my cousin and I back home. We watched TV for a little but it was hot that day. So we went outside and jumped on the trampoline. I loved to do front flips. But every time I went to do backflips I land on my face. It was getting late and hotter so we begged my aunt for a ride to the liquor store so we can buy ice cream. She said she’d take us if we bought our own ice cream. So with the quickness we checked all the usual spots for change. The couch, the kitchen drawers, and  under all the beds. We found about 3.50. Just enough for 2 bomb pops.
                   That is what we always got. Walking to my aunts in the car, we could see the sunset. It was one of the days where the sky looked pink.. When we were driving to the store she managed to get in a fight with some dude in front of us and on this two way street. She started to honk at this middle aged dude because he was driving really slowly. So my aunt decides to cut this guy off. Once she swerves in the left lane the guy decides to go faster. So we go in a race with this dude. A blue car coming the opposite was is now in sight. This was one of the only times I thought I was going to die. For some reason my aunt goes faster. So we get so close to the blue car. That I see his face it looks kind. My aunt weasels herself in front of slow jerk. Who almost killed us and without being told to I put my head out of the back seat window and flip the dude off. Simultaneously with my aunt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment